Join our growing team of passionate innovators
Through our work, organizations can reduce health inequities, optimize their business performance and drive better health outcomes for those they serve. As we continue to expand, we look to hire those who will help cultivate a positive culture that encourages innovation and collaboration amongst people with diverse backgrounds and expertise.
Affordable Health Insurance Plans
Generous Paid Time Off
What our employees are saying
"I love how my job at Socially Determined has taught me skills and knowledge that help me progress in my career. I feel fulfilled knowing that my work positively impacts the community around the United States. Everyone is welcoming and willing to help you with whatever you need!"
Min Pummalee DevSecOps Technical Specialist
“Working at Socially Determined has been an enlightening and humbling experience so far. Being surrounded by so many brilliant people all working toward a common cause has required me to step up my game and make sure that I am not only producing the highest quality work I can, but that I am continuing to learn everything I can about the domain and the technology available to us so I can help push forward our Social Risk Intelligence™."
Dan McMichael Manager, Data Science
“I love the conversations I'm a part of at Socially Determined. I'm able to help organizations understand social needs for the populations they serve, use data to identify where to invest, and then evaluate the impact of programs and interventions. My work supports equitable access to care that people need and deserve and enables communities and policymakers to confidently address disparities in the US health system.”
Quekan Anike Sr. Manager, Strategic Solutions
“I’m challenged and motivated daily by incredible colleagues that are passionately working together to transform health care outcomes. It’s an inspiring place to be.”
Noelle Tullio Director of Operations
“I feel humbled and honored to work at Socially Determined. We have an incredible team, culture, and powerful mission to revolutionize the US healthcare system.”
Edmond Magny Director of Product Management
"I love working at Socially Determined because I get to wake up every day inspired and ready to leverage my technical skills for a purpose. I also enjoy learning from talented co-workers, experts in various fields, and like-minded professionals."
Sushma Ashutosh Director, Technical Solutions
"I get to work alongside passionate innovators determined to tackle interesting health care issues across a variety of clientele. There’s never a dull moment!"
Abel Amare SocialScape Analyst
Join our team
See below for a list of current open positions at Socially Determined.
SocialScape Analysts are responsible for producing high-value analytic reports, dashboards, and briefings that quantify and characterize the impact of social risk on the communities and populations our clients serve, highlighting the impact on utilization patterns, costs, outcomes, and other key business metrics. The SocialScape Analyst II will work closely with engagement leaders and delivery managers to design and execute rigorous analyses that quantify the impact of social risk using a variety of statistical and analytic approaches.
SocialScape Analysts also lead the cleaning, processing, and validation of client data, including clinical, claims, and programmatic data. The SocialScape Analyst II must be skilled at building clear and compelling stories from complex data, surfacing actionable insights regarding the impact of social risk on key business metrics. The role benefits from an understanding of health care from the perspective of payers, providers, and other partners across the health care delivery and payment ecosystem.
The SocialScape Analyst II must have 1-3 years’ experience with health care datasets, be proficient in using relational databases and structured query language (SQL), and be comfortable conducting statistical analyses using R, Stata, or Python. The Analyst will build sophisticated queries, plan and design thoughtful analyses, identify data components that support compelling findings, and summarize findings in concise visualizations and polished deliverables. Experience with business intelligence tools, such as PowerBI or Tableau, is also required.What You’ll Do:
- Design and execute analyses to quantify the impact of social risk – as well as programs implemented to mitigate it – on key business metrics, including utilization, cost, and outcomes.
- Plan and lead data cleaning, processing, and validation efforts with client data teams.
- Integrate data from multiple sources to produce required data elements.
- Generate data characterizations and exploratory analyses using clinical, claims, and programmatic datasets.
- Assist with data collection planning to enable statistically sound intervention evaluation designs.
- Conduct a variety of analyses, including time series and cross-sectional analyses.
- Create appealing and compelling executive-level briefings.
- Design and build dashboards tailored to address client business needs and strategic priorities.
- Other duties as needed.
- Undergraduate degree in biostatistics, statistics, or a related discipline.
- Experience with large health care datasets, including clinical and claims extracts.
- Experience with complex SQL and statistical analysis software such as R or Stata.
- Experience with business intelligence tools, such as Qlik, PowerBI, Tableau, or similar tools.
- Strong analytical reasoning skills and experience planning and conducting analysis.
- Ability to independently reason through the design and development of analytic approaches.
- Strong problem-solving initiative and personal accountability to the team.
- Ability to work accurately, efficiently, and independently.
- Ability to think critically, identify issues, and proactively propose solutions.
- Strong ability to find and explain compelling stories hidden in large volumes of data.
- Comfort leading detailed, technical discussions about complex data sets.
- Experience developing analytics and visualizations that meet client needs and busines objectives.
- Strong time and task management skills to balance multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Commitment to clear and timely communications to team members, management, and clients.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented start-up environment.
- Passion for improving the health of communities and enhancing the performance of our clients.
About the Role
As the full stack application engineer for Socially Determined’s product team, you’ll help in our efforts to design and build scalable, flexible web services and applications. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, have strong technical acumen, be able to work across different groups to identify automation needs, bring expertise and skills to automate workflows and enable ease of collaboration.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and develop applications and application components in an agile environment
- Create high-quality software by conducting peer design/code reviews
- Maintain and enhance existing library of online applications
- Test and debug applications to meet firm standards using automated test cases
- Participate in the design process to transform quantitative analyses into user-friendly web applications
- Partner with the data scientists and data analysts to incorporate analytics into web based applications
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor of Science in computer science or related degree
- 5+ years of experience in development of large scale web based applications.
- Hands on development with React]S or similar framework
- Knowledge of object-oriented development and concepts such as inheritance, polymorphism, and abstraction
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Cloud-based application development with AWS
- Understands indexing, joins, normalization, ACID
- Proven quantitative, analytic and logical reasoning skills
- Experience development of serverless cloud based applications on AWS
- Familiarity with TypeScript and Python
- Expert relational database skills (Postgres/Redshift)
- Knowledge of scripting languages (especially Python)
- Prior experience working in a team environment, as well as independently and autonomously
- Demonstrated ability to articulate technical concepts to non-developers
About the Role
As the Data Ops Engineer for Socially Determined’s product team, you’ll help lead our efforts to design and build a scalable, flexible infrastructure and tooling to manage our data lake and data pipelines. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, have strong technical acumen, be able to work across different groups to identify automation needs, bring expertise and skills to automate workflows and enable ease of collaboration. The continued success of our organization relies on us becoming ever nimbler in how we acquire, enrich, and distribute data and this role will be critical towards those efforts.
What You’ll Do:
- Offer technical leadership and mentorship of DataOps across the company.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for DataOps, and partner with functional experts across the company to bring that expertise to bear on some of the hardest and most exciting problems in this space.
- Recommend and drive architecture/infrastructure to create actionable, meaningful, and scalable solutions for business problems.
- Create infrastructure following best practice outlined in a HiTRUST environment
- Architect, design, build, and integrate data from diverse sources into the Cloud Data Warehouse
- Implement monitoring and scaling automation to ensure sufficient performance and minimize resource costs
- Analyze and interpret collected data; spotting trends; generate reports, visualizations, and recommendations for stakeholders
- Design and build data integrations and data quality framework
- Streamline data science workflows building out the necessary infrastructure and tooling
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years software development experience with very high proficiency in Python, Scala, or Java.
- Led the design/implementation of config-driven, scalable, reliable services and workflows/pipelines using EMR, Kafka, Spark, Hive, Airflow or equivalents.
- Significant experience designing and operating cloud data warehouse platforms such as Amazon Redshift, Snowflake or similar
- Experience with data governance, lineage, cataloging tooling (Apache Atlas, Apache Ranger, AWS Glue Catalog, etc.)
- Experienced in establishing and promoting high standards in pipeline monitoring, data validation, testing, etc.
- Deep experience in applying automation to data engineering (DataOps)
- Strong communication skills with a focus on learning from and educating others
- Excellent interpersonal skills and passionate about collaborating across organizational boundaries.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related technical field; or equivalent work experience
About the Role
Join Socially Determined as a Data Scientist and become part of a team developing technology solutions that truly redefine healthcare. We are looking for a candidate with a relentless commitment to excellence and a drive for developing awesome software products and machine learning models. We seek exceptional individuals who are energized to work in a fast paced, highly collaborative, creative, and intellectually engaging environment. Most importantly, we are interested in people with a deep sense of purpose and passion to aid in the transformation of the US healthcare system and to address healthcare inequities.
What You’ll Do:
- Join a dynamic team of top medical, analytics, and engineering professionals to create innovative technology solutions that change the face of healthcare.
- Design and implement computational models correlating social determinants of health to healthy outcomes.
- Maintain high standards of quality by adhering to thorough testing standards.
- Assist in creating the story of the connection between social determinants of health and health outcomes through computational modeling and data analytics.
- Collaborate with software developers, data scientists, business analysts, and client teams to plan, design, develop, and test advanced learning models.
What you’ll need:
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Master’s or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or another quantitative field preferred. Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience considered.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordination across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Someone with 2-4 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models and who is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/regression, random forest, boosting, trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages (Python, SQL, etc.)
- Experience using web services: redshift, S3, spark, digitalocean, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience with GIS tools such as PostGIS, Sedona, ESRI, QGIS, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, Postgres, etc.
- Experience working in the AWS ecosystem, with tools such as DataBricks, SageMaker, EMR, etc.
-Experience with Bayesian networks is a plus
Socially Determined offers a competitive salary and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Veteran. Interested candidates should fill out the form below and submit a resume.